Monday, December 13, 2010

todays project...

Today I am going to work on some wee kilt hose, I like to listen to "Kidnapped" by Robert Louis Stevenson and drink strong tea as I do this. I also like to think about the cute little boys who will be wearing them with their kilts. I am so glad to be able to carry on the tradition of making these historic garments. I think about the women (and men) who have knitted them for years time out of mind. I am making two pair, these will make the third and fourth pair that I have made. It is always a challenge to make them to the measurements of my customers, but I enjoy it! Making items like this, historic pieces, is always so amazing to me. I know it might sound a bit odd but sometimes I feel the connection with the past and those that have made the same items before me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment